HELLO!
Recently, a certain photo of a cat inspired me to such an extent that I decided to draw it. This particular photo was a part of an old calendar (from 2009 but to my astonishment, I noticed the days are in alignment with the days of 2026 - quite cool). A cat from the photo is sitting on a pile of books, and is surrounded by more books. If a librarian or a bookseller were a cat, they would be that cat.
When I was thinking about drawing this cat, I came up with an idea to sort of extend my picture.
| Mentioned photo is visible on the left side. Lovely cat, isn't it? On the right side there is my pencil draft of a cat among the books. |
Yes, my vision for this picture is kind of an extension of this photo. It's like asking a question - but what might be happening beyond the borders of this photo? And my answer was there is a lady reading a book so intensely she becomes the one with the floor. Literally. And that floor behaves like water - it's waving, and there's a splash because one book plunges into its depths.
It sounds quite surrealistically, isn't it?
Below there's a photo showing the first phase of above vision.
And then I focused on applying colours on a paper. Mostly, I was using watercolour crayons.
The other thing, which was both fun and nuisance, was drawing books behind the reader's back. Most of these titles and authors do not exist, although there are few exceptions.
And now, there is the net result of my work.
| Immersed in Reading, watercolour crayons on a paper, 21 x 28,5 cm. |
I chose Immersed in Reading as a title, although Submerged in Reading might fit, too. Woman's face is hidden behind the book she's reading. Books behind her are like a wall - a cat is sitting on them as if it was sitting on the breach in the wall. Cat's gazing straight into viewer's soul (maybe he wants to tell You something, e.g. he wants a pouch).
😼
Lately, I got engaged in reading books very much. Yes, I've always liked reading however in recent years some kind of slacks were happening to me. Really odd periods, if You'll ask me. Thankfully, now I'm finding a lot of pleasure in reading books (hope it'll last for a long time), and also in visiting a local library. Walking among the library's racks is like going on an adventure. You never know which book will grab your attention. Will You visit Tolkien's Middle-Earth? Will You get interested in vampires' drama? Or will You try to solve the mystery with Hercules Poirot?
That's all.
Let me know in the comments what do You think about Immersed in Reading.
Have a Nice Day! 📚
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.
Kindest regards,
Luffina