Tuesday 31 October 2023

violent storm is coming

 HELLO!


Today I would like to show a new work which is a part of series Wild Fantasy. In the previous years I made pieces like Green dress, fantasia amalfitana and there is a fire in my heart. They are the black-and-white pictures with a colourful accent, made with pens, showing ladies in coloured clothing with animals as companions. 

The main inspiration for each of those works was a doodle.


This kind of design was giving me no peace. I felt strong urge to draw a lady clothed in a stripped dress with horizontal strips. I've envisioned this dress in violet and black colours.



I was wondering for a while about a composition of my future work. And I don't even remember when an idea of the witch in stripped dress flying on the broom came to my mind. But I liked this idea. This vision fits quite good with the Halloween vibes, too. 

🎃


I felt that for a background I should pick one of the gothic buildings. I decided to search through gothic buildings (especially churches) in the United Kingdom (don't know why the UK, this choice was intuitive). Finally I chose the Peterborough Cathedral, and I only focused on one of the facade's towers (a huge help was a photo from iStock). 

So our witch's flying around the gothic building but around her 3 barn swallows are flying. I was thinking about drawing crows, ravens or albatrosses but I dropped this idea.



In the end I added a large, dark cloud in the right upper corner of work.

violent storm is coming, pens on paper, 21 x 14,8 cm.

I used a pun in the title (You only need to remove "n"). The inspiration for this cloud was the presence of swallows. It was a small reference to saying that if swallows are flying low, it's a forerunner of the rain.


That's all.

What do You think about violent storm is coming?

Let me know in the comments.


Have a Nice Day! 💜

1 comment:

  1. Lubię śledzić proces powstawania dzieła, a finał świetny!
    jotka

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina