Thursday 16 December 2021

fantasia amalfitana in black, blue and white

 HELLO!


A story of today's work started with an inconspicuous doodle.


Probably it was doodled in 2019. 


I couldn't forget about a lady with a blue bun because of her monochromatic blouse. It may sound immodestly but I liked design of this blouse, and thought it would be a mistake to not draw it again. 

For a long time I was wondering how should I portray a lady wearing geometric blouse.

There were ideas to show her in some abstract dimension or in a mysterious interior in which she leans against a harp. I rejected them when I noticed a photo showing Duomo di Amalfi. Cathedral drew my attention with its marvellous deep porch. 

Window of mentioned deep porch inspired me to such an extent that it became a background in my picture.


fantasia amalfitana, pens (black and blue) on a paper, 20,7 x 14,8 cm.


The title is Italian, and I hope I didn't mistake anything.

The drawing shows a huge window inspired by Duomo di Amalfi. In its very centre lady is standing and leaning on a window's column. She's not alone. Two cats are sitting in the shadow of columns. Two blue lizards are climbing on the farthest columns.

Speaking of lizards my main inspiration for them was podarcis siculus coeruleus.


fantasia amalfitana. Detail.


That's all.

What do you think about fantasia amalfitana?

What is your opinion about doodles in general?

Please, let me know in comments section.


Have a Nice Day! 

2 comments:

  1. Ciekawa kompozycja, do tego te koty!
    Coraz lepiej Ci idzie:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bardzo podoba mi się całość, kolory, kolumny, ornamenty i koty. Mega podziwiam. :)

    Pozdrawiam!
    Kapitan Baryłka.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina