Monday 6 February 2017

A Joy in Four Pannels

Hello!


Only when a Joy is pleased to others did the Joy is experience,
crayons and pens on paper, 29,3 x 21 cm.


A title is a Karl Barth's quote and I've hope that my translation is properly.
In the upper part of my work there is a polish version of his quote.



It is not my first time with ilustrating quotes (remember it?) and I hope that not last. But this is first time of showing a quote in 4-panelled comic (or comic strip? I don't know which word sounds better). Obviously, there's some Manga's influence in those four frames.

If somebody ask why the last panel is that colorful, I'll say: 

"It is thanks to making little acts which could change the world in a better place". 

There - a little act is represented by a green origami tsuru (jap. crane).

And I'm pretty happy that somebody (pretty) important was happy because of this drawing. Karl Barth was absolutely right :-)


Have a nice day!








1 comment:

  1. Cytat bardzo zacny, a jeśli się sprawdza w życiu to tym bardziej jest to dobre. I powoduje wzrost szacunku dla autora takich słów.

    Moim zdaniem jest to raczej ten comic strip, taki sam jak np. z Garfieldem w gazetach bywały.

    Ta dziewczyna co sobie płacząc rozmazała makijaż wygląda jak z subkultury gotów. Wiem, wiem, ja i te moje skojarzenia.

    Ale ogólnie podoba mi się całość, a historia pod obrazkami czyni całość jeszcze lepszą. Masz talent, nie ma co. :) Ja tam z rysowania to kiepski jestem.

    Pozdrawiam!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina