Thursday 26 October 2023

a picture of a horse

 HELLO!


For some time an idea of drawing a horse was clinging to me. So it became my aim.

I started with drawing a sketch based on a following photo.

Horse. Source of illustration.

Below you can see a sketch I've made with a pencil.


a horse, pencil on a paper, 21 x 14,8 cm.

After creating this sketch I felt that I want to create something else.

By "something else" I understood different medium and different way of picturing this wonderful creature.

So I started searching through various photos of horses on Pixabay. 

And I found this inspiring one.

Source of illustration.

Firstly I thought about using pastels to draw a horse. But then I changed my mind and chose crayons.

Colours like blue and light orange (I connotate this one with apricots or salmon) seemed good to start drawing with them.


This time I used a different kind of paper. 

Recently I bought a watercolour paper so I chose one of its pieces.


As you can see I added 2 other colours: purple and pink.

Then I made an abstract background from those 4 colours I've used by now.

horse of four colours, crayons on a watercolour paper, 21 x 14,8 cm.

This time it seems like pink and purple dominated the background.


That's all.

What are your thoughts about my works showing horses?

Do you like those animals?

Let me know in the comments.


My new aim will be

a tondo (a picture created on a circular painting support).


Have a Nice Day! 🐎

2 comments:

  1. Konie, to jeden z najtrudniejszych modeli, brawo!
    jotka

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina