Tuesday 31 May 2022

there is a fire in my heart

 HELLO!


In the past year I've made works like Green dress and fantasia amalfitana. They've got in common a few things: 

  • they are the black-and-white pictures with a colourful accent, 
  • I've made them with pens,
  • there are ladies with colourful clothing, 
  • animals are accompanying them,
  • a doodle was a main inspiration.
I found so much pleasure in creating them, so I thought to myself that it would a splendid idea to make a new series (green dress and fantasia amalfitana will be a part of the series).

The only problem is a name for this new series - I don't know what would be a proper name.

Now let me show you my next work from new series!



Someday I drew this lady with a spectacular hairstyle. As you see she is wearing a flamboyant tunic. 



I imagined our protagonist as a violinist. This passionate violinist will be playing for a huge and an extraordinary snake.


My main inspiration for this idea was a legend from the Tatra mountains. I've read it as a child.

It was a story about a young boy from the Tatra mountains who was a talented violinist. Everybody in his hometown cherished boy for his skills, so he was welcomed on various parties. After one of them he went to home through the mountains. He stopped for a while, and started playing on the violin. Suddenly he noticed a huge snake with a crown on its head. Snake introduced itself as the Snake King, and asked boy to play again because the King was impressed by his music. So boy played one more time. 

From now on boy was visiting the Snake King, and was playing for him. As the time goes by, the fame of a talented young violinist from the Tatra mountains was spreading so much, the emperor from Vienna heard it. Emperor decided he need to hear boy's music, so he sent his soldiers to violinist's hometown. Young boy heard about it, and with despair escaped to the Snake King. After explaining everything the Snake King told him to take a leaf from its crown. So the boy took it, hid in his pocket and became invisible.

And no one was able to find him.



I felt it would be fantastic if a setting of my drawing would be inspired by a landscape from the Tatra Mountains. After a very long reflection on that topic, I chose the Chochołowska Valley. It is the largest valley in the Tatra mountains which is famous for crocuses. As you see those wonderful spring flowers also appear on the picture.

In the background you can see one of the mountains surrounding the valley. 

The summit on my picture is known as Kominiarski Wierch.

Below there're effects of my work.


there is a fire in my heart, pens on paper, 21 x 14,8 cm.


The title is refering to the red colour which can be linked with passion and energy. 

Music can be one of those passions in which we got involved. 

If you put your heart into something you love to do, 

your life will become brighter.


As for the Snake King I wasn't focusing on any existing species of snakes.


What do you think about my work?

Let me know in the comments section.


🎻 Have a Nice Day! 🔥


Edited: 6 VI 2022

1 comment:

  1. O kurka. Wszystkie etapy są zadziwiające. Jednak końcowy rysunek po prostu pozytywnie ryje banię (albo inaczej jest chyba najbardziej zacny ze wszystkich znakomitych Twoich prac). :) Elementy natury, kolory gdzieniegdzie, po prostu super mega poziom. Szacunek wielki się należy.

    Pozdrawiam!
    Kapitan Baryłka.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina