Saturday 24 February 2024

Mermaid's charm

 HELLO!


Welcome back mermaids! It's been so long. 

The last one work with mermaids I've published here was blue mermaid. Amazingly enough, there's a similarity between blue mermaid and Mermaid's charm (that's how I called new mermaid art). The posture of mermaids is alike.

This is Mermaid's charm.


Mermaid's charm, watercolour crayons on a watercolour paper, 14,8 x 21 cm.

The story behind the new mermaid art is quite funny. I bought new crayons - watercolour crayons, and I wanted to try them. 

So I started thinking: What should I draw? Soon afterwards I understood that it would be cool to create a mermaid. Still not sure why mermaids seem to be such an interesting subject for me to draw. I sometimes think it has something to do with The Little Mermaid (1989) being one of my favourite films from childhood, who knows... 

Firstly I drew mermaid on a watercolour paper. Btw, it's not the first work I made on this kind of paper, if you're interested you can look at horse of four colours.



Secondly I used said watercolour crayons. It satisfied me pretty much.



Mermaid is surrounded by mysterious wavy lines. Let it be a form of her magic abilities.


That's all.


What do You think about Mermaid's charm?

Let me know in the comments below.


Have a Nice Day! 🐠

2 comments:

  1. Bardzo zalotna ta syrenka.
    Podobno powstała moda na pływanie w stroju i stylu syrenim.
    jotka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rysunek robi wrażenie. Połączyłaś nieco (w moim odczuciu) elementy nieco Disneya z jakimś dalekim echem anime nawet.

    Pozdrawiam!
    https://mozaikarzeczywistosci.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina