Sunday 21 July 2024

unforgettable summer day

HELLO!


Today I would like to share a new work with You. The idea of woman wearing yukata and holding a fan appeared in my mind. Honestly, it is quite possible that hot summer days have something to do with her holding this fan.



Uchiwa was a model of a fan for this drawing. Uchiwa is a handheld, traditional type of Japanese fan which has a form resembling a paddle. This coolish accessory is usually decorated with various patterns. So I designed a pattern with a ginger cat in the fan's centre, surrounded by forget-me-nots on the blue background.



When it comes to yukata (it is a type of summer kimono; originally used as bathrobe, nowadays Japanese wear yukata in the summer during festivals), I decorated it with simplified white lilies.



As a background I chose to draw the sunset.

Below there is the complete drawing.

After long reflection I decided to call this work unforgettable summer day.


unforgettable summer day, crayons on a paper, 28,5 x 21 cm.


That's all.


What do You think about unforgettable summer day?


Let me know in the comments.


Have a Nice Day! 👘

3 comments:

  1. Piękny portret, ale bardziej podoba mi się wersja bez tła i ramki:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciekawe etapy przedstawiłaś. :) Efekt końcowy bardzo mi się podoba.

    Pozdrawiam!
    https://mozaikarzeczywistosci.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Witaj! Dopiero teraz znalazłam Twojego drugiego bloga. Dziękuję za garść ciekawostek. Jesteś bardzo utalentowana. Gratuluję i pozdrawiam, dobrego tygodnia.🤗

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina