Saturday 15 October 2016

Eva Cassidy's portrait


HELLO!


Eva Cassidy's portrait, pastel on cardboard, 25,3 x 19,8 cm, 13-14.10.2016




















I hope that your day was amazing and full of beautiful smiles. Once I decided to portraited Eva Cassidy. I chose her because I loved how she was singing. I found a picture in the Internet as a base to her portrait. Unfortunately I printed this picture. Unfortunately - because picture was (a bit) cut.




In the world there is no easy thing... definitely! This portrait was pretty difficult. Finally, I'm a bit dissapointed of myself. I've hope that I learnt from my mistakes during drawing without pencil - only by pastels. Someday, I'll draw her one more time... better.
*
Aren't you interested in those letters on the left side of Eva's face, are you? This is my kind of ornament... A very special ornament which I connected with Eva. 
There are chords. I chose chords to her cover of song "True colors" (Cyndi Lauper in original?). Especially this song because I fell in love with that cover,,,
It sounds so powerful... Especially, when you feel upset and powerless.

*
Have a nice day, my dear followers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina