Wednesday 14 February 2024

At first sight?

 HELLO!


In previous year I made lost in the dream. This work was different because I used acrylic paints for the first time. Additionally I used black pens in order to draw on a painted cardboard. I found this experiment so entertaining that I made another work in similar manner.

You can look at this work below.


At first sight?, acrylic paints and black pen on a cardboard, 13,4 x 19 cm.


For background I chose colours like orange, yellow and green. It took me long to decide which colourful juxtaposition would be great. I was pretty close to choose blue.




There's no denying, there's the Valentine Day theme in this work. I wanted to draw a couple here but I had no clue how to show two people loving each other... 

Firstly there was an idea with silhouettes of persons. That persons were kissing, or hugging, or holding hands, etc. None of them seem good to me.

So, after drawing lots of doodles I chose the idea of 2 people who wonder about the nature of their feelings towards each other. I put woman in the upper corner of cardboard, and the man in the lower corner. Both of them are looking at each other with interest.



In the empty space between man and woman I added spontaneously drawn ornaments. I thought it would be the best way to show various worlds of complicated emotions.





That's all.

What do You think about my work?

Let me know in the comments.

馃拺

Have a Nice Day! 

1 comment:

  1. Portrety z ornamentami to 艣wietny pomys艂, jak wz贸r na tkanin臋 lub gobelin!
    jotka

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina