Saturday 27 January 2024

Iris

 HELLO!


So, the whole idea for today's work appeared in my mind as an image of mysterious woman holding a flower. But which flower should I portray? That's a question. At first it was a bit difficult riddle but then I made a selection, and chose iris.

In quite unexpected conclusion an image of Iris, goddess from Greek mythology emerged.

The doodle I made in order to record my vision.

I drew a design on A3 paper.


With a keen eye for detail you will notice that space behind the woman is covered in numerous ornaments. I carved them with a pen which ran out of ink long time ago. 


I coloured her eyes with crayons. Then I started putting pastels. 

I began with oil pastels in order to colour the woman, iris, and the brownish arch.


The dry pastels were helpful in creating the rainbow behind goddess's back.


Iris, oil and dry pastels on a paper, 29,5 x 42 cm.

In Greek mythology Iris is the goddess of rainbow (her name in Greek literally means "rainbow"), and a messenger of gods.

A model for the flower she's holding was a Siberian iris (in Poland known as "Kosaciec syberyjski"). 


That's all.

What do You think about Iris?

Let me know in the comments below.


Have a Nice Day! 🌈

1 comment:

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina