Sunday 21 August 2022

Spot the Difference

 HELLO!


Today I'd like to tell you about my first time with creating a game "spot the difference".

The whole idea started with a desire to write a poem about a game, and reflections concerning manga Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Actually, the game appeared in a few chapters of Kōji Kumeta's manga. One can gather an impression that manga is toying with reader in the similar way as "spot the difference" do.


I wasn't sure what kind of situation should my pictures show. At first I thought about drawing a scene from the beach. Somehow I ended up with creating a moment in which girl is petting cat in a very abstract place.

Also, I wanted a colour scheme of my pictures to be limited to black and white. Pretty soon I yielded to temptation of using more colours - mostly pink, red and yellow.


Spot the 5 differences, fineliners on paper, 21 x 14,8 cm.


The answers for this game you will find at the end of this post.


It's the first time I've tried to draw "spot the difference". It helped me realise that there's so much things to learn. Hope it's not my last adventure with "spot the difference".


Additionally, there's a translation of a poem I mentioned below. 

The original poem you can find HERE.


a mocking game


one can easily be taken in

by two pictures so similar

so superficially similar


it slightly reminds a dream 

which imports familiar elements of the real life

in order to create a credible reality

and mocks the sleeping mind


only after awakening man recites

all of the derisive details which have crept 

between the dream and the truth


a picture and a duplicate

searching for an answer proves to be difficult

when details are playing with your eyes

with a mocking game


even if you stay vigilant

and eyes carefully sweep through every recess of pictures

something will always escape notice

and in the end there will be a vastness of puzzlement

- why didn't I notice it earlier




What do you think about my work?

Do you play "spot the difference" from time to time?

Leave your opinions in comments' section.


Have a Nice Day! 🔍


5 DIFFERENCES:

cat's tail, 

strand of hair, 

arched ornament instead of flowers behind the girl, 

girl's facial expression,

zigzags in the background instead of ribbons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina