Friday 1 April 2022

Escapism of a lady with a kiseru

 HELLO!


Do you remember a lady in the cloud of smoke

Once again, I draw a lady wearing kimono who is holding a kiseru.

However she is different.

Besides obvious differences you could also notice usage of a frottage.


escaping, crayons on a brown paper, 18,3 x 11,8 cm.


Frottage is an artistic technique which consists in putting a paper on an uneven things. Then you choose a crayon or a pencil, and start rubbing with them on a paper. Thanks to this intriguing invention of Max Ernst, you can have some fun during the creative process. 

My uneven things were a necklace and a curtain.

Necklace (which you could see on a photo below) helped me in creating patterns on a kimono. Then I put my drawing on a curtain in order to create ornaments in the background.




Escaping is a title of my work. 

Smoking lady's thoughts are floating away as the smoke from a kiseru. She is escaping from a harsh reality for a while. And there's nothing wrong with those sweet moments of escapism.


That's all.


What do you think about my work?


👘 Have a Nice Day! 🚬

1 comment:

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina