Saturday 17 April 2021

Hanami but it is a collage poem

 Hello! 馃尭


   I was wondering for a while where should I present my work - there or on my blue blog with poems (subjects of my blog are interchanging regardless). My hesitation came from usage of polish language in poem's arrangement. Few days ago I was doing some clearing-up in my drawer. I found the old papers, photocopies and flyers. 

   Between them I noticed a printout of my short essay concerning hanami - japanese custom which consists in watching flowers of cherry trees. With the beginning of the Spring, people listen carefully weather forecasts and their full pariculars in the matter of sakura zensen (cherry blossom front which is crossing through islands from South to North). Thanks to those informations people can appropriately prepare for hanami. 

They celebrate a subtle, ephemeral beauty of cherry blossom in the parks, in the palatine gardens or at the cemeteries. The last of the mentioned places actually correspond strongly with a symbolism of gentle flowers, associated with the passing.

   I've decided to cut some words from this essay and arrange a poem.

   Why not?




hanami, collage poem.


   In order to bring hanami's atmosphere out I chose pieces of paper in white, pastel pink and amaranthine colours. Then, I glued them together and also I added a few little decorations.

Below I wrote an english version of poem.


TRANSLATION:


Hanami


that much drama 

comes along with spring 

japanese media give this a great deal of attention 

hanami is a chance to brooding 

about the past and the future 

cherry blossoms remain beautiful and young to the very end

strong metaphor of passing 

spring is coming 

Japanese gather together on picnics 

celebrating among the ancestors

in a park or in a garden  

watching the flowers of  blossoming cherries 

an evidence of taming 

a menacing nature 




Who knows, maybe if I made it to the end of April, it won't be the only work refering to hanami.

That's all for today.

Are you familiar with term hanami

Do you like arrange this kind of collages?

Please, let me know in comments section.


Have a Nice Day!

2 comments:

  1. Ma艂o posiadam informacji o Japonii i Azji w og贸le, bo jako艣 si臋 tym szczeg贸lnie nie interesuj臋, ale brzmi ciekawie to, co jest napisane na zdj臋ciu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nie zna艂am, ale podoba mi si臋, dobre pole do 膰wiczenia wyobra藕ni:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your opinion!
I hope your words will have a good impact on futher development of this blog.

Kindest regards,
Luffina